16 February 2011

Wednesday of Few Words - Croup


A visit from the Croup Monster is never fun. It's descended on our house again, bringing with it pals like Barking Cough, Snot Face, and my personal favourite, Febrile Seizure. Good times.

And a febrile seizure, even when you've seen them before, is a terrifying thing. Fortunately it was all over in about a minute, and The Imp (picture above taken about half an hour later, after my hands stopped shaking) went back to sleep almost immediately and remembers nothing today. I can't wait until he outgrows them. He's had three of them, and they freak me the fuck out every. single. time.

4 comments:

  1. They would freak me the fuck out too. Hope he outgrows them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he grows out of them too.{{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't had any febrile seizures yet, but the mere thought makes me break out in a cold sweat.

    I hope the Croup Monster is gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. our 3 year old daughter just had croup for the first time a few months ago and it was horrible! so i can't imagine how awful it would be with febrile seizures too. we had many trips outside into the cool air during the night, about every hour, to help her breathe. so horrible! hope your little imp is all better now.

    ReplyDelete