19 March 2009
Top 6 reasons why you should buy these shoes right now:
6. They're made in North America. To steal from this website: They're made for children, not by children. This dovetails nicely with what I've been reading recently as well as my own long-established prejudice/preference for buying from small business, more-or-less local, and hand made.
5. Free shipping (including international) with an order of 3 pairs.
4. Five percent of your purchase goes to Justice International Mission.
3. Cheaper by a significant margin than Robeez (which are now owned by a huge multinational and manufactured in the, to quote the nebulous term on their corporate website, Far East).
2. Excellent customer service, quick turnaround, and Heidi Wells answers her own emails.
And the number one reason to buy these shoes without delay:
1. The most important reason to buy any shoe, any time, for anyone: they are almost unbearably cute!!
I stumbled across the website almost by accident when looking for baby shoes on craigslist, and was impressed with the beautiful designs for both boys and girls, and the ease of placing an order. I chose the Sneakers (which I loved so much I ordered them in two sizes), and the Clives. When I got the shoes three days later (three days including shipping internationally), I was even more impressed. They're really well made, they fit well without being too tight or falling off, and they're even cuter in person than on the website. Whenever we're out and about The Boy never fails to get compliments on his shoes.
Even better, Bugaloo is currently running a spring sale. Many of the shoes are only $14.
Note: I have no financial interest in Bugaloo Shoes, nor have I been offered free product or samples to write this review. Just like other reviews under Things I Love, I have found them myself or through the recommendations of friends, and used them in the real world.