04 February 2009
1. I once lived on a small island in the Indian Ocean called Ile de la Reunion.
2. I play guitar and sing badly but loudly and with great enthusiasm.
3. I'm a control freak, but have learned to settle things with my husband with a coin toss. I lost the first toss and it almost killed me to concede.
4. I am afraid of all rodents, even hamsters. It's not rational, but there it is.
5. If money were not an issue, I would move to Paris and intern with a fashion house.
6. My ideal home includes a room just for musical instruments. In the south of France.
7. I love taking photos and someday hope to take a proper class on the subject.
8. I miss the film industry.
9. I never finished university and it bothers me every day.
10. I succumbed to vanity and started a blog.
11. I make really astoundingly good lemon meringue pie from scratch.
12. I'm terrified of looking foolish and try new things only through sheer force of will.
13. I have tremendous admiration for my husband, one of the smartest, most thoughtful and most compassionate men I've ever met.
14. I was the kid in kindergarten who made the whole class cry when I told them my mom said there was no such thing as Santa Claus.
15. I'm an atheist. I believe in the law of conservation of energy. The energy that makes up me, my body, will continue after I'm dead. Some people call that reincarnation, I call it science.
16. I wish I was funnier than I am.
17. I have a pretty good poker face, except when playing cards.
18. I suck at job interviews, but if thrown into a sink or swim situation, I rock.
19. I suffer from awful motion sickness. It was even worse when I was pregnant.
20. I secretly love "Can't Get You Out of My Head" by Kylie Minogue.
21. I have a really good memory for useless information. My husband calls me "GoogleLexi". You want me on your team for Trivial Pursuit. (Does anyone actually play that anymore?)
22. I am mostly fluent in French and proficient in Spanish.
23. I am fiercely loyal, sometimes to my own detriment.
24. Every time I feel sorry for myself, I turn on the TV and some 10 year old with a terminal illness has just accomplished something tremendous. I then feel sheepish, and then inspired.
25. I walk in the Weekend to End Breast Cancer every year because I dodged the cancer bullet myself many years ago and will never forget how scared I was.